One Plus One Communications complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 when dealing with personal information.
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
Who do we collect your personal information from
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through registration to our e-newsletter, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you use our services
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to improve the services that we provide to you
- to market or provide our services to you
- to respond to communications from you
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
Session Cookies: are used to remember selections made on our website. Session cookies are deleted automatically when you leave the website or close your browser.
Persistent Cookies: are used to help us understand browsing behaviour within the website, which can assist us in customising content that we believe will be most relevant to your interests. Persistent cookies are stored on the user’s computer and are not deleted when the browser is closed. These cookies must be ‘manually’ deleted if you want to remove them.
You may disable cookies by changing the settings on your browser, although this may mean that you cannot use all of the features of the website.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at email@example.com. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).